Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The New Me....

This time of year everyone is determined to drop 20 pounds, move up in their career or learn to speak French. I have thought long and hard about a New Years Resolution for me. For weeks it's been a blank....no, really, my mind has been blank as to this "new me goal".

Then just yesterday I realized what it is that I have to do. And surprise, surprise...it's got nothing to do with the NEW YEAR. This time, it's a resolution for me. Not for tradition or for the world to accept but something that I've been wanting to do for a long time. I strongly feel that now that I can put it into words, I can strive for my goal. A somewhat mild and simple goal, but easily attainable and success would mean that I would finally come to a place where I finally like ME.
My Goals:

I want to become a better mother. I succeed at what I am now because I try to do what is best for my children. I feel like sometimes I do what needs to get done without enjoying the simplicity in it. My children are first in my world. I need to make sure that they know the joy they bring me on a daily basis. I need to show them this!
Secondly, I would like to focus on my marriage. Let me start by saying that my relationship and marriage to Rick is all I have ever dreamed of...and more! He's there for me in a way that I could never have understood before. I have learned what LOVE is from Rick. Never have I thought that God would present me with someone who is as devoted, true and loving and allow me to keep this person so close for the rest of my days. This focus falls into my goals in a bit of a different way, that I will explain in a bit. The last part of my goal is an aspiration of self acceptance. I want to like myself for who I am, how I look and whom I surround myself with. I am tired of letting myself become the housewife who lives in PJ's and doesn't appreciate the person she is inside. I have no one to blame but myself that this has become commonplace for me. This in mind, I am the only one who can change it. If I set a personal goal and schedule, perhaps the things that I enjoy, that I have let fall by the way side, I can continue in and find the person I sometimes feel I left behind. I don't need to be younger to be myself. I just need to give myself time to be me. In taking a closer look at myself (inside and out), I want to focus on my physical and emotional health. No, I'm not a nut case, but just general time that people need to give themselves before they loose who they are. In doing this and becoming satisfied and happy with who I am, I feel that my marriage can only grow stronger. Thus, this resolution can help my relationship...a relationship that is already blessed grow stronger and closer still. Call me crazy, but by the end of 2009 (hopefully sooner) ~ I'm going to like ME.

8 comments:

Bart and/or Ari said...

if it helps, i already like you (but only a little bit).

Janet said...

Sally, I think that this is truely an amazing resolution. And I also think that you are amazing. I hope that you soon will be able to see what others for so long have seen in you. Anytime we talk, you make me smile. It's just the kind of person you are. So stand up straight and love you for who you are. LOVE THE PIC OF THE KIDS!

Janet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Crystal said...

sally ...i completely agree with Janet with what she said...you are a beautiful person that always brings smiles to peoples faces...and u are a great mother ...look what u have done not only for ur little ones but you older ones, they are very lucky to have u ..And when i was reading what u wrote...it has been alot of what i have been thinking about lately too u just put it in words...if u need anything let me know i am always here for u ...

oh and one more thing i want a picture of the kiddos..i love it, it turned out really good...

Crystal said...

man..sorry i really need to start reading what i write on comments before i actually post them...kids..lol

Maggie Lamarre said...

wonderful goals :)
Thanks for stopping by
Http://www.cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.con
Good Luck on winning the gift Certificate :)
Maggie

Anonymous said...

i concur....on your resolution and on the cute picture of your kids....wonder where that came from? ;-)

Katie said...

Sally, I just caught up on your blog and let me say, I am so glad that you are back at it! You are an excellent writer and darn good with a camera. Keep posting and good luck in the new year!